Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Divine Appointment

This morning I was working on my computer by the hotel room door (remember, I am in Bogotá, Colombia) and I heard voices in English in the hallway. I felt an urge to go see who was speaking, where they were from, but kept working on my computer. The voices continued and the urge got stronger, so I opened the door to chat with them.

Mike is from Oklahoma and the two girls he was speaking with are Colombians. Turns out they work for “His Feet”, a mission organization that works with local churches to help evangelize areas around the church. Many times, small cell groups start studying the bible and having worship services. The original church provides “mature” members to help these new churches grow.

They described to me the problem they had been praying about: how to get real theological training to the men leading these new churches! Did I mention Sandy and I are now working with Training Pastors International and we provide biblical training for men without access to such training?

Long story short, we met for a few hours, I introduced the three from His Feet to the local pastor-teachers here in Colombia, and we will meet with Gustavo tomorrow morning, the national director for TPI who happens to be in Colombia for our first graduation in Colombia on Saturday!

You never know when or where God arranges divine appointments, but you must always be ready! Amen?

1 comment:

When posting a comment, you will need to select a "profile" - You can select Name/URL and simply enter your name (so we know who you are!) (you can leave URL blank) or Anonymous and keep your identity secret.